Saturday, August 4, 2012

Growing tomatoes in Containers

I picked most of my seeds from Lalbagh. Got tomatoes too.
Paid Rs.30 for the packet. Its one of the hybrid variety of tomato.
Read from the web, that its been derived from Marvel & Globe varieties of tomatoes. And is father to many other recent hybrid varieties.








I tried to germinate the seeds using the tissue paper. It was disaster.
Decided to directly seed them into a plastic bag:
The seeds germinated in 5 days. This photo was taken when it was 15days old. Had put in 4 seeds and all of them sprouted. Transplanted 3 saplings to seeding tray. Will have to find some new containers and transplant them.
The status of the tomato plant today (04/Aug/2012) is :
I was gifted a 20-day old tomato sapling at the VMSRF workshop, don't know about the variety. 
It looks like this now, its 27-days old now:
I have planted few spinach saplings. Supposed to grow well with tomato, but I have to ensure I keep providing them enough nutrients.

Status of tomato I planted on 18/Aug
26/08:
 Pic on the left is the one I planted and the one on right is the one I received from VMSRF

No comments:

Post a Comment